I wouldn’t date a guy once when he bragged that he didn’t like garlic. I mean, really, where could that possibly go long term? And who brags about something like that to a classically trained cook?
On paper he looked near-perfect … devilishly handsome and successful, but as I sipped my first (and only) glass of wine listening to him drone on about the evils of garlic and Thai food, his belief that global warming was just propaganda, etc. I wanted to be anywhere else but there. By the time he got to his love of Kenny G, I was so bored and incensed I could almost feel my nostrils flaring. I even briefly wondered if I should try the old “escape via the ladies room” trick. This was a perfectly boring, perfectly predictable man, perfectly void of any spice and seasoning. Translation: sex would be the same. Blink, blink! I didn’t stay for a second glass.
Oh, go ahead and read my post Memorial Day in the Hindsight Zone on dating and trying to find love.
Things you may or may not know about me. You should just ask me about these the next time you see me.
- Salt, sea & sand
- Bareback rider in the circus
- A cake in the shape of a guitar for Brian Jones
- Jimi Hendrix & the Monkees
- Numerical dyslexia
- Janis Joplin, Southern Comfort & Sam Houston Andrew
- Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford @ the Watergate Hotel
- 22 cities/towns
- Joy amid the pots, pans, soups and sauces
- Out-of-control passion, deep drowning kisses, and falling ass over teacup in love
- Riding alone for several floors with Salvador Dali … 4 times.
- Studio in the Country with The Neville Bros & Fiyo on the Bayou
- The Car wash in New Orleans
- Art stores with Don Van Vleit (aka The Captain)
- Lee & Zak, a very Starkey night & day at the museum
- Lisa & John Entwistle in Stowe-on-the-Wold on Boxing Day
- Life’s too short for …
- Santorini & a magical night in Crete
- Itzhak Perlman & Pinchus Zuckerman from the front row
- Signature dishes
- through 99. Oh, the stories.
Join me on this journey. All you need is your appetite for almost anything out of the ordinary … and a sense of humor.
Facebook: Deborah Miller
Simmer2Sizzle Flickr: My Photo Stream